SEPCO is dedicated to apply the best management practices to enhance achievement of strategic objectives through adopting an integrated management system based on international standards related to the following management systems: quality management systems ISO 9001:2015, occupational health and safety management system ISO 45001:2018 , environment management system ISO 14001:2015, risk management system ISO 31000:2018 and asset management system ISO 55001:2014.
SEPCO is committed to the following:
- Efficient and effective power generation in terms of time, money, and technology.
- Protection of environment and preventive of pollution through the conservation of natural resources and adopting environmental friendly technology based on principle of avoiding, reduction and mitigation of impacts.
- Eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks to provide safe, healthy, and risk-free work environment regarding to occupational health and safety management system.
- Managing risks and opportunities by identifying them, studying root causes, and controlling them according to the risk management system.
- Optimizing the value of the asset life cycle according to best practices.
- Building (SMART) goals to follow up and improve performance of integrated management systems.
- Ensuring interested parties (stakeholders) satisfaction regarding the related company’s activities.
- Consultation and participation of workers and their representatives regarding the occupational health and safety management system.
- Ensure sustainability and continuous improvement on integrated management systems.
- Fulfillment of compliance obligations, applicable legislation, and related requirements.
Dr. Sufian Al-Bataineh
The most prominent institutional performance indicators
To achieve its goals, Samra Electric Power adopts a proactive approach to risk management in order to reduce its effects on the company's operations and activities and to support its direction of effective contribution to decision-making.
It is committed to the following in this regard:
- 1. Identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, reviewing, reporting and dealing with risks effectively in accordance with the guidelines of ISO 31001 and the requirements of the applicable work systems in the Ministry.
- 2. Applying the risk management system and its operations to the integrated management system.
- 3. Linking and integrating risk management with the company's policy, objectives, systems, operations and performance indicators.
- 4. Predicting potential risks, estimating their possibility, severity and level of risk, and implementing treatment plans with providing the necessary resources for them.
- 5. Periodically reviewing risk management and their levels of acceptance and taking informed decisions to reduce, eliminate, share or incur them.
For the second time, we received the Excellence Award for Occupational health and Safety at the level of the electricity generation companies sector
We renewed the accreditation of the certificates of quality, environment, occupational health and Safety systems and added to our excellence record the ISO 31000 certificate for risk management
We acquired ISO 45001 certified for occupational health and Safety
We obtained the latest version of the quality and environment management certificates
We renewed the certification of quality, environment and occupational health and Safety systems
We acquired the Excellence Award for Occupational health and Safety
We acquired the Seal of Excellence from the King Abdullah Award for Excellence for the Private Sector
We renewed our quality, environment, safety and occupational health system certifications
We began to adopt integrated quality management (quality, environment and occupational safety and health) culminated in acquiring the certificates:
ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001